Gary

Gary
Gary Cooper

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Suacisson Sec is done.

Saucisson sec

Last night I sliced a small piece of the Saucisson Sec off one link to see if it was ready. I took a bite and was instantly in Provence. In 2000 after walking around the ruins of the Chateauneuf Du Pape on that windy May day sitting down for lunch. We had bought Saucisson, Cheese, olives and Baguette for a picnic lunch. That is the taste of the sausage we made. There was a quibble about it however. I used too small casings. After drying it was only about 1 inch in diameter so there was a bit too much of the casing to the amount of meat. Overall a great success for my first dried sausage.

Update: The first saucisson I tested was a small link and while it was fully cured the second one I cut was not. I am going to try to hang them for a little longer. I may have ruined that batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment